|Record #: HDC2609||Last Modified: 28 Jun 2018||Last Full Update: 28 Jun 2018|
|Primary Contact||Gwen Geikie, Administrative Services Coordinator, Extra-Mural Porgram; Phone: 506-623-6372; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mailing Address||c/o Miramichi Unit
155 Pleasant St
Miramichi, NB E1V 1Y3
|Description & Services|
|Cross Reference||Extra-Mural Program ; Medavie Health Services New Brunswick|
|Description of service(s)||The Extra-Mural Program provides in-home professional health care and rehabilitation services to people of all ages. The Extra-Mural Program helps people stay in their homes when they may otherwise have required hospitalization, and helps them get home faster when they do require hospital-based care.
One of our professional staff will assess your health-care needs and create a plan to meet your needs. Our professional staff includes: registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, respiratory therapists, dietitians, social workers and rehabilitation assistants. More than one professional may be involved in your care.
The Extra-Mural Program is funded by the Government of New Brunswick. The program and the work of its over 900 professionals around the province are managed by Medavie Health Services New Brunswick.
|Hours||Office Hours: 8 am-4 pm; On-call: 24-hour nursing service|
|Areas Served||Northumberland County|
|Eligibility||* You must have a valid New Brunswick Medicare Card, or be in the process of receiving one (with regional approval, exceptions can be made on a case by case basis);
* You have an identifiable health-care or functional need that Extra-Mural Services is able to address;
* Your need requires health-care services to be provided in your natural environment;
* Your natural environment allows for proper provision of care and service, both for you and Extra-Mural Services;
* Your current residence is within the area serviced;
* You have been referred by an attending physician or designate with admitting privileges in the Regional Health Authority. You can self-refer, or be referred by any professional or agency for rehabilitation services;
* You desire and accept the assistance offered by Extra-Mural Services.
|Languages||English ; French|
|Located In Community||Blackville|
|Service Level||(30) Provincial Government|
|Service Categories||Home Health Care ; Personal Care|