Medavie Health Services NB
The New Brunswick Extra-Mural Program (EMP), Driscoll Unit
|Record #: HDC1572||Last Modified: 05 Jul 2018||Last Full Update: 05 Jul 2018|
|After Hours Phone||Nurse on-call services are available after hours by phoning (506) 867-6500 for Driscoll Unit.|
|Description & Services|
|Cross Reference||Driscoll Unit ; Horizon Health Network ; South-East Health Authority ; The New Brunswick Extra-Mural Program (EMP)|
|Description of service(s)||The Extra Mural Program provides a full range of coordinated health care services for individuals of all ages for the purpose of promoting, maintaining and/or restoring their health or to enable individuals with terminal illnesses to remain at home. This is accomplished through the provision of services in the home, schools, nursing homes and community, and includes acute care, palliative care, chronic care, long-term care, rehabilitation and home oxygen therapy.
Speak to your attending physician about a referral to the Extra Mural program.
|Hours||Mon-Fri: 8 am - 4:00 pm
24/7 access through answering service for existing clients.
|Eligibility||* You must have a valid New Brunswick Medicare Card, or be in the process of receiving one (with regional approval, exceptions can be made on a case by case basis);
* You have an identifiable health-care or functional need that Extra Mural Services is able to address;
* Your need requires health-care services to be provided in your natural environment;
* Your natural environment allows for proper provision of care and service, both for you and Extra Mural Services;
* Your current residence is within the area serviced;
* You have been referred by an attending physician or designate with admitting privileges in the Regional Health Authority. You can self-refer, or be referred by any professional or agency for rehabilitation services;
* You desire and accept the assistance offered by Extra Mural Services.
|Languages||English ; French|
|Located In Community||Moncton|
|Address & Map||
Jones Lake Place
1600 Main St, Suite 107
Canada E1E 1G5
View Google Map
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible ; ***Note that accessibility is self-reported. Please contact the organization before arrival***|
|Service Level||(30) Provincial Government|
|Service Categories||Home Health Care ; Personal Care|