Capital Region Mental Health & Addictions Association, Inc
|Record #: HDC1412||Last Modified: 01 May 2020||Last Full Update: 01 May 2020|
|Office Phone||Office: 506-458-1803|
|Social Media||Facebook: www.facebook.com/crmhaa/|
|Primary Contact||Lisa Edwards, Executive Director, Capital Region Mental Health & Addictions Association, Inc; Phone: 506-458-1803; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Amber Flynn, Office Manager, Capital Region Mental Health & Addictions Association, Inc; Phone: 5064581803; Email: email@example.com|
|Mailing Address||c/o Capital Region Mental Health and Addictions Association
Victoria Health Centre
65 Brunswick St, Suite 292
Canada E3B 1G5
|Description & Services|
|Description of service(s)||CRMHAA is a strong advocate for persons with mental illness and their families in Fredericton. Here's how our charity makes a difference in your communtiy:
- Advocating for mental health clients and their families within the mental health system
- Employment support for those ready to return to work or education
- A place to learn life skills, regain confidence and respect within our REACH program.
- Facilitating support groups for mental health clients, care givers of mental health clients, and those impacted by the suicide of a loved one.
- Educating the public and corporations on mental health matters
- Offering certification in Suicide Intervention and Mental Health First Aid
Our Recovery Services:
- Advocacy: persons with mental wellness issues have the right to appropriate care and rehabilitation. Our Executive Director can advocate in such areas as medications, financial hardship, legal problems, housing, and navigating the system.
- Let's Work: Having difficulty getting and holding a job? In partnership with the New Brunswick Ministry of Post-Secondary Education and Labour (PETL) Let's Work offers one on one job search and employment assistance. (Referral by clinician or employment counsellor)
- REACH: Resources. Education. Activities. Connections. Help. A community centre composed of adults with a chronic mental illness. We offer meaningful activities and relationships, opportunities to learn new skills, and a place to regain self-worth and confidence. Application required.
Supportive groups give you the opportunity to help others and make friends.
- Emotional Health and Recovery Group: Meetings are a safe and open place to share, make new friends, and learn from the experience of others.
- Suicide Bereavement: For family members and friends coping with the loss of a loved one due to suicide.
- Friends and Family Mental Illness: For those who have a relative or friend with a mental illness. The atmosphere is informal and allows for lively conversation and sharing of mutual concerns that caregivers share.
-The Next Stepp is a peer led support group for those who have completed the STEPPS and/or STAIRWAYS programs with Horizon’s Addiction and Mental Health Services. This group is designed to be the next step in your recovery.
- SEA Parent Group: A support group for parents of children and adolescents living with emotional and mental health issues.
|Areas Served||Fredericton - and surrounding area ; Oromocto ; Fredericton / Oromocto Region|
|Fees||No fees for the self help groups. Fees may be applicable with regards to workshops. Discounted rates are available to students, and eligibility may be determined via phone referral to the Executive Director. * Fee assistance available.|
|Located In Community||Fredericton|
|Address & Map||
Victoria Health Centre
65 Brunswick St, Ste 292
Fredericton, NB E3B 1G5
View Google Map
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible ; ***Note that accessibility is self-reported. Please contact the organization before arrival***|
|Service Level||(51) Registered Charity|
|Service Categories||Issue Advocacy ~ Homelessness Issues ; Issue Advocacy ~ Mental Health Issues|