Sussex Vale Transition House
|Record #: HDC0399||Last Modified: 24 Jun 2019||Last Full Update: 24 Jun 2019|
|Primary Contact||Julie Matthews, Executive Director, Sussex Vale Transition House|
|Alternate Contact||Laura Gatien, President, Sussex Vale Transition House|
|Mailing Address||PO Box 4862
Sussex, NB E4E 5L9
|Description & Services|
|Description of service(s)||Crisis Line: 506-432-6999
Sussex Vale Transition House is an emergency shelter for abused women and their children. We also offer short term housing to women and their children who are in housing crisis.
• Trained staff to offer support and comfort.
• Staff available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Free emergency shelter in a secure environment.
• Services available by phone or in person.
• Awareness presentations to groups and local organizations.
• Referral services to appropriate agencies (Legal Aid, Police, Lawyer, Social Services).
• Lending book and video library on topics related to abuse, relationships and women’s issues. Available to residents and the public.
• Multiple brochures and pamphlets on legal information and support agencies.
• Children’s Support Program.
• Indoor and outdoor play areas for children.
|Hours||Emergency shelter open 24-hours; Office hours Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Dates Program is Offered||All Year|
|Areas Served||Sussex - and area|
|Located In Community||SUSSEX, Town of|
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible ; ***Note that accessibility is self-reported. Please contact the organization before arrival***|
|Service Level||(50) Non Profit|
|Meetings||Annual General Meeting each September|
|Designated Day/Week/Month/ Events||November is Family Violence Prevention Month|
|Service Categories||Domestic Violence Shelters|